Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Glasses for LeDandy



Pince-nez, that is. I've been long overdue and I can tell that the time has come for a new prescription. After all, I am getting older .... and better.

Pictured above you can see the next candidate for lenses. It is a fingerpiece style pince-nez mounting given to me by Richard Johnson, my very good friend and colleague. This particular mounting is new old stock and in pristine condition. I'll be wearing silicone nose pads with them for added comfort and security.


The hard part with pince-nez, as you may have read, is finding an optician to make lenses and follow through with a fitting. I've found most opticians to be lazy and unmotivated even in this poor economy. The last optician I used for pince-nez has gone out of business. I picked out a new optician and will post her business if the lenses turn out as expected.

Notice

©2008 - 2013 The Pince-Nez Renaissance

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this blog's images and contents without the blog author's express written permission is strictly prohibited.