Saturday, November 6, 2010

Installment III: "The Mechanics of Fitting Glasses"


Today we present the third installment from Pettet's classic book "The Mechanics of Fitting Glasses." This installment focuses upon adjustments to mountings. Please remember that these installments are for historical purposes only. With the use of silicone nose pads, one does not need to have the precise fit as required when this book was written.

My colleague and I differ in opinion when it comes to making adjustments to the mounting. As someone with limited craftsmanship abilities, I leave mounting adjustments to my optician. My colleague is more adept with tinkering so he feels comfortable making his own adjustments. You'll have to determine which path you want to take.

Without further ado, I present the third installment from this great book. Click -here-. Depending on your browser, you may have to reload the screen. We have highlighted definitions or terms in yellow and added comments in red.

Notice

©2008 - 2013 The Pince-Nez Renaissance

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this blog's images and contents without the blog author's express written permission is strictly prohibited.