Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Today in History.....


pince nez trotsky
Leon Trotsky was expelled from the Communist Party in 1927. I read this tidbit on today's Wikipedia home page. I clicked on Trotsky's name and scanned the lengthy article. It is well known that Trotsky was assassinated by a Stalinist agent with an axe. A gruesome way to die. One thing I didn't know was that Trotsky wore the fingerpiece style pince-nez.

pince nez trotsky
Many years ago in college I studied the Russian language for two years. I had dreams of working for the CIA or some similar agency. What an incredible waste of time. I never wanted to visit the country. I should have taken French. Ah, but I digress.

Trotsky had a great taste in eyewear, but poor taste in politics.

Notice

©2008 - 2013 The Pince-Nez Renaissance

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this blog's images and contents without the blog author's express written permission is strictly prohibited.