Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Night on the Town: Pince-Nez Gets Noticed!


Last night I had a traditional bachelor party for my wedding next week. A friend of mine took me out for a wild night on the town. It was a bachelor party with a straight theme: a trip to a gentleman's club and doing some guy things (e.g., cards, darts, drinking). There were four of us last evening including my neighbor, his friend (Bill) and his friend's girlfriend (Amy).

We started out with some drinks at my neighbor's house. After a couple of drinks, Bill looked at me and said "Your glasses don't have any arms. I can fix that for you." He was even more astonished when I told him that these glasses don't have arms but grip the nose.

Later we went to a "gentleman's club" in San Jose called the Brass Rail. They don't have topless bars down there so the girls were attired in very skimpy bikinis. Not very erotic but fun for a bachelor party. While talking to a young stripper, she noticed my hoop springs. "Those glasses don't hang on your ears!" she exclaimed. Nearly naked women and she was shocked by my pince-nez. Of course everyone had to see how my glasses stayed on my nose.

I don't think that I converted anyone to pince-nez but I did spread an awareness.

Notice

©2008 - 2013 The Pince-Nez Renaissance

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this blog's images and contents without the blog author's express written permission is strictly prohibited.