Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wilson's 15th Point: Hoop Spring Pince-Nez!


Woodrow Wilson hoop spring pince nez
Now that I have become more familiar with pince-nez, I see this style with a more critical eye. Prior to this blog, I did not know hoop spring from fingerpiece. Interestingly, I find that most historical figures of the early 20th century who wore pince-nez had the hoop spring style. This is an excellent photo of Woodrow Wilson with hoop springs which closely resemble my own.

President Wilson is known for his "Fourteen Points." The peace plan he authored at the end of WWI that wasn't ratified by the Senate. French Prime Minister Clemenceau commented on Wilson's plan. "Mr. Wilson bores me with his Fourteen Points; why, God Almighty has only Ten!"

Notice

©2008 - 2013 The Pince-Nez Renaissance

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this blog's images and contents without the blog author's express written permission is strictly prohibited.